It is our policy to achieve a high standard of environmental care in conducting our business.
We are committed to continuous improvement in performance by taking account of evolving practice, scientific knowledge, and community expectations.
Specifically, it is our policy to:
- be aware of possible direct and indirect environmental effects of our operations and services, and to minimise these effects;
- comply with all applicable UK laws, regulations and standards;
- develop and implement an environmental management system based on current best-practice;
- ensure that our services meet the environmental requirements of our major clients;
- undertake specific environmental strategies to:
- use raw materials efficiently;
- avoid the pollution of land, water or air;protect biodiversity where this is under threat from our business activities;
- minimise energy use, particularly those forms of energy which impact adversely on climate change, and to use energy from renewable sources whenever possible;o minimise waste through use of the waste management hierarchy (reduce, re-use, and recycle);
- develop and maintain contingency plans to deal with possible environmental accidents or other risks.
The we will also:
- ensure that its employees, suppliers and contractors are aware of this policy, and of their individual responsibilities;
- ensure adequate training of employees, and where appropriate, contractors; and
- incorporate environmental management programs into its business plans at an early stage when developing new services or operations.