Do you need to reduce your high hypertension? For some us, our high blood pressure is due to us being overweight. For too long, too many of us have consumed more calories than we used. We are now faced with the consequences of that lifestyle: obesity and soaring hypertension. Neither is good for our health.
We may be prescribed medicine for our condition and be advised to reduce our sodium intake, but we also need make simple adjustments to our diet to get the best results.
We know that we should eat a good variety of fresh fruits and vegetables each day as these benefit our overall health. Here are 5 healthy foods that help us reduce our high blood pressure:
1. Celery: There is a compound found in celery that helps our blood flow. Just by eating a couple of sticks of celery a day we will see a reduction in our high blood pressure.
2. Garlic: Adding fresh garlic to our meals will to help reduce our hypertension. Eating garlic helps to open up our arteries, letting our blood flow more easily, but we will have to take it on a regular basis for the best results. A good quality garlic supplement may be taken by those of us who either don’t like the smell and taste of raw garlic or do not want to use it in our cooking every day. One note of caution, garlic also acts as a natural blood thinner so it should not be taken if you are already using blood thinning medicine. Ask your doctor first if you think you might be affected.
3. Tomatoes: Eat plenty of tomatoes as they are a rich source of lycopene, which lowers high blood pressure. Eat two or three fresh tomatoes a day or juice them.
4. Bananas: Bananas are a good source of potassium. High blood pressure is sometimes caused by not having enough potassium in our diet.
5. Sunflower seeds (unsalted): This good tasting natural food is loaded with magnesium, which is an important mineral for helping to lower our high blood pressure.
Including these five foods in our healthy balanced diet for two or three weeks will go a long way in helping us to reduce our high blood pressure.
You can find more information about reducing your high blood pressure naturally by Clicking Here!